Where has the summer gone? I can't believe it's almost over. On August 20, Hudson and I will be leaving for Maryland to be admitted at KKI. I am so apprehensive about it all, but ultimately I do believe it's the best plan of action for him. I'm just praying that the 8 weeks goes by very VERY fast!
Today I received the official sleep study report, and as I predicted, it was pretty bad. Hudson's last sleep study a year ago showed central sleep apnea. The current sleep study showed central sleep apnea, as well as a new finding of obstructive sleep apnea. In addition, the pulmonologist noted a new diagnosis of periodic limb movement disorder, and is requesting additional bloodwork to clarify that finding. Overall, his sleep efficiency was dismal, with a percentage of 60.9%. The orders are to continue Hudson on nighttime oxygen, and get an immediate surgical consult with his ENT for a tonsil and adenoid removal to alleviate the obstructive sleep episodes. We see the ENT next Wednesday for this. If the ENT decides Hudson isn't a candidate for this surgery, then his pulmonologist wants to start him on nightly bipap. We'll see what happens. He will also be having an MRI of his hip to check for arthritis. It's going to be a busy last week here!
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment