Tuesday, September 4, 2012
KKI - Day 12
Sorry for the lack of updates. This is much harder than I ever imagined it would be, and I just haven't felt up to writing. We are very homesick, Hudson spends every evening watching videos of the kids, Jake, and Jakes's parents. But we're hanging in there. Thursday will be 2 weeks that we've been here, and it's also the day of our big steering committee meeting. During this meeting, all the therapists, doctors, social workers, everyone associated with Hudson's case will meet with me to discuss his progress so far as well as an anticipated discharge date. His progress to date has been very minimal, which makes this process so much harder I think. During his last feeding session today, the doctor assigned to his case sat in the observation room with me and discussed what he's seeing. He said Hudson is an extremely "tricky" case. They have succeeded in reducing some of his adverse behaviors to the therapists trying to feed him, behaviors such as hitting, kicking, or refusals. When the therapists are able to get puree into his mouth though, Hudson just sits there with his mouth open and doesn't swallow. He sat for 30 minutes today refusing to swallow one bite! This is the same type of behavior we see at home with him. It's difficult to stay hopeful that this whole situation will be worth it in the end, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment