We got home last night, just in time to me to get very sick from the flu today! I am so glad to be back home with my babies and Jake. Hudson is too :)
So, the final verdict from Hudson's mito doctor was that she thinks he's having seizures, but she didn't want to start him on any seizure meds without doing a longer EEG. Since Hudson was stable, they let us go home, and we will go back in soon for a 23 hour EEG and a more thorough series of MRIs. He is walking on his leg much better, it still doesn't look completely normal, but definitely better. The neuro team used the word "interesting" to describe Hudson. Of course, always is.
I still have a lot of questions that haven't been answered, I couldn't speak directly to his mito dr. because she was out of town. Why did this happen so suddenly, does it represent progression of mito in some way? Will it happen again, and if so, will his body get weaker still? Lots of questions.
Thanks everyone for all of your love and prayers! Time to go sleep off this flu!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad youre home, so many unanswered questions us Mito moms always have :( I never know whats going on with Jack and worry so when we're seeing new issues arise. Sorry Hudson is struggling, I pray its not seizures but glad he's in good hands and you have a plan to figure it out. HUGE hugs & prayers to uyour sweet boy and the whole crew!
ReplyDeleteHeidi & Jack.
(and hello Facebook friend!)