Thursday, February 3, 2011

Unexpected

Everything this week was...unexpected. Mito gets you like that, out of nowhere. Tuesday morning Hudson woke up unable to bear any weight on his left leg. I would stand him up, and he would just crumple. He would try to stand, and down he would go. Eventually he resorted to scooting around on the ground to get anywhere. I have to say, it was one of the scariest experiences we've had with him. It was just so obvious something wasn't right. After awhile he was able to bear a little weight on it, but he was hobbling, very unsteady, and had to hold onto furniture to move. He was dragging his left leg. I took a video of it and emailed it to his mito doctor. She told us to take him to the Hermann ER, so off we went.

Hudson was admitted, and since then he's had an MRI of his head, a CT scan, x-rays of hip and knee, an EEG, and labs. Labs show elevations in LDH and ammonia. All tests have been normal except for his EEG, which showed right frontal slowing. He just had an EEG in October that was completely normal, so this does represent a change of some sort. The neuro team is waiting for his mito doctor to interpret it tomorrow to see what the next steps should be. So here we sit, at CMHH, waiting waiting waiting. Hudson is in great spirits, he always is, and has made me take him on at least 5,000 laps around the floor in the wagon. He appears to be working on a tummy bug of some sort, lots of GI upset tonight.

Thank you so much to everyone who has said a prayer for him, called, or texted. I know he is so loved, and I'm sorry I can't get back to everyone right away, but please know that I am so grateful for your love and prayers for us. Neurological changes are scary, just when I think GI is the main issue at hand, this pops up and throws us a curveball. The unpredictability of mito is exhausting. Hudson is a trooper though, he's always got that smile.

This week also brought the flu to Jake, Aislin, and Jakey! I miss them, and it's hard not being able to comfort my other kids when they're sick as well. I truly hope they understand why I have to be here with Hudson, and thanks so much to our family who has taken care of them while I'm here, and taken care of Daddy Jake too! I'll update again when I know more definitively what Hudson's results mean. Thank you Missy and LaKeesha for checking in on us everyday! Thank you everyone for your love and prayers for Huddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment