The mystery fever appears to have been from strep throat. He's on an antibiotic for now, and seems to be on the mend. The only leftover effects we're seeing, like with any illness, is a shut down of his GI tract. He's not tolerating his feeds at all, and we're having to run them at a really slow rate. We worked so hard for the pound he finally gained recently, I'm really hoping we can hang onto it!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sleep Study
Last night we went for Hudson's sleep study. Don't let the picture fool you, it went surprisingly well. They hooked him up and by 10 PM he was out! I was really shocked he fell asleep that easily, and I actually slept too because there were no nurses coming in every hour to take vitals or stick an IV in him. Hopefully we'll get the results of that soon.
Lactulose was a really bad thing for little Huddy. Within 2 hours of giving it to him, his belly bloated up gigantically, and he had diarrhea the rest of the day. So we're back to tinkering with the Milk of Magnesia dose in the hope that we can find a workable balance for him.
The mystery fever appears to have been from strep throat. He's on an antibiotic for now, and seems to be on the mend. The only leftover effects we're seeing, like with any illness, is a shut down of his GI tract. He's not tolerating his feeds at all, and we're having to run them at a really slow rate. We worked so hard for the pound he finally gained recently, I'm really hoping we can hang onto it!
The mystery fever appears to have been from strep throat. He's on an antibiotic for now, and seems to be on the mend. The only leftover effects we're seeing, like with any illness, is a shut down of his GI tract. He's not tolerating his feeds at all, and we're having to run them at a really slow rate. We worked so hard for the pound he finally gained recently, I'm really hoping we can hang onto it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Nikky, thanks for stopping by Jacks blog :) and for your prayers. Just reading some of your blog posts, and I have to say IM LOVIN Hudsons bed! Wow perfect! Jack has his feeding pole next to his bed but I like this set up much better. AND what a blessing you got insurance to cover it. He'll be able to sleep in it for years I imagine. Your kiddos are so adorable, Im praying they all get what they wish for and your family has a wonderful (and HEALTHY!) Christmas...prayers for little H, bless his heart. His sleep study picture, we have a few of those! Jack gets another in April. praying for good results (they take forever to come back tho when we do them, blah) hugs girl, to one mito ma-ma to another--
ReplyDeleteHeidi & Jack.