I've started this post over at least 10 times, there's so much rattling around in my mind...I can't stop thinking of or praying for a little boy in Houston fighting for his life. This has been a very difficult month in the mito community, two children lost...so many more struggling so much. You can feel the sadness, there's a heaviness to everyone's mood...it's so unbelieveably unfair and heartbreaking. These are babies, people's babies, and mito can be so relentless.
Today was not a good day for Hudson to have a new symptom. Late this afternoon he began crying as if he was in pain, he would bend over and clutch his belly, he couldn't get comfortable. I videotaped it for his doctor. He definitely looked like he was having stomach pain. I suppose he could have a stomach bug, but he has absolutely no symptoms of that, so I'm inclined to think this is motility related. He's definitely had retching and bloating due to motility before, but pain is new and pain is scary. There's nothing I can do to help him, with retching and bloating at least I can vent him. I don't like new symptoms, what does it mean...could his GI system be getting worse? If it continues I guess GI will be getting a call.
Please keep the many struggling mito children in your prayers...I truly do believe that prayers make a difference...these precious children are just so amazing. Hudson shows me daily the need to just slow down and live. To just put away the computer, phone, household chores...and play, hug, love my babies, and truly live the moments we'll remember.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I totally know how you feel. When I heard about Cooper, I was in tears. The first thing I thought is...Oh NO! I can NOT take another kid dying from mito. Not now. It's just been TOO much lately. And it does make you think about your own child and how, when, & where it might happen. Ugh. It's horrible. Hoping that Hudson's tummy pain is nothing more than a short bout and gone in no time!
ReplyDeleteI am really praying for Cooper. Even if it turns out that Liam and Katherine don't have mito, we have still been affected by this disease, because I am so emotionally invested in all these precious children. I hope Whatever is going on with Huddy is temporary.
ReplyDelete