We had lunch at Katie's Kitchen, which is a counter service type place to eat sponsored by Boston Market at GKTW. You walk up to a window and wait, or they deliver to your villa. While we were waiting for it to be ready, Aislin and Jake snuck into the ice cream shop, which was next door. Jakey was telling the volunteer in there, "I want a cookie dough ice cream cone please with FOUR scoops!" I told him no way not before lunch and don't ask for so many scoops. The sweet volunteer said, "Well Mom, how about I give him just a little cone before and then his giant cone after if he finishes all his lunch?" Well how could I say no to that?? So she gave him a cone which wasn't little at all, and yes, he had another one after! I think Aislin and Jake miss the volunteers in the ice cream shop and the free, whenever you want it ice cream most of all!
After lunch we stopped into the Castle to see where Hudson's star was. We had gotten the coordinates delivered to the villa that morning.
His exact location is Section Cloud 9, Row 2, Star 16. Families who have stayed at GKTW are welcome back anytime to come visit your star, which I thought was very nice. There is a very cool play area in the Castle, with magical music when you slide down the slide, hidden creatures tucked into tiny peepholes, and twinkly lights everywhere. Hudson took a few slides.
Aislin and Jake checked out the magic mirror in the Castle. It ONLY works when kids look into it, really!
We took a ride on the carousel, and checked out the basketball court.
| Look at Hudson climbing the gate, he couldn't wait to get in! |
Hudson was tired, so Jake took him back to take a nap, and Aislin, Jakey, and I went to the pool. That was so relaxing, the kids played and made some new friends, and I got to finally start a book I've been meaning to read forever! The weather was gorgeous. Of course, Aislin and Jake got more ice cream.
By the time we got back, Hudson was rested and it was time for dinner. There is a Medieval Times restaurant just down the street from GKTW, and Jake really wanted to go to it. (Yes Harper and Philip, I know you're on the floor laughing right now!) I wasn't really too excited about it, but anyways, off we went! Gotta tell you, the kids LOVED it! Jake did too. :)
| Jakey and Hudson watching the action. |
| Jakey getting ready to cheer for our knight. |
Hudson really liked watching the show, but was scared when the crowd starting cheering. It was really loud in there, and he doesn't like loud noises. We had to put our hands over his ears for a lot of the show.
After dinner it was back to GKTW and to bed. We had a nice relaxing day!
Day 6 - Seaworld?


No comments:
Post a Comment