Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 6

Nope, no Seaworld today.  I was kind of disappointed, I thought the kids would really like it, but Hudson was still looking tired out.  Everyone slept in, and after lunch, we took the kids over to the playground across the street.





There was an airplane that would write messages in the air every day over GKTW.  It was fun to see what the message would be each day.  Here was the one for today.



After the park we walked over to the Amberville Train Station.  These little rides are outside the door, and  Aislin and Jake kept looking for a place to put money in, but they're free of course, everything is at GKTW.  It was pretty cute.



Hudson was not a fan.  All those rides at Disney, and this is the one he's scared of!
Inside the train station.  Hudson liked all the buttons you could push to make the
different parts move.


We took a ride on the train. 



We stopped for ice cream, and then went swimming.  We also came home to this very cool present, an extra special GKTW edition game of Candyland!



We had dinner in the villa, and then we went across the street to the playground for the big Candyland party.  It was played throughout the playground, and the kids were the game pieces!  There was also a block party going on.  It was so much fun.

Playing giant sized games!


The girl in the purple fuzzy hat was one of the volunteers, each volunteer took a set of kids to work their way through the playground playing the game.  She was awesome, so fun and so good with the kids.



Hudson wanted no part of the game, he played with the playground equipment and went for a swing instead!





After the Candyland party, Jake and Hudson went back to the villa, and I took Aislin and Jakey for a final ice cream cone and carousel ride.  We had to get up really early for our flight the next morning, so this was it!We were so sad to be leaving!

One last ride
A last carousel ride
Last ice cream cones!
There was still ONE more surprise for the kids though before our time at GKTW was up!  Back at the villa, we heard honking outside and went to check it out.  Look who we found!

Mayor Clayton!
It was Mayor Clayton, in his cute bunny car and in his bunny jammies!  He had come to tuck the kids into bed on their final night at GKTW.  The kids were beyond excited!


He tucked in Aislin first, he fluffed the pillow, then knocked her in the head with it!  He covered her all up with the blankets, and then jumped up and down on her bed!  The kids loved it, it was so cute.


Then it was Jake's turn to get tucked in.



Hudson LOVED Mayor Clayton when he was tucking in Aislin and Jake, but when it was his turn, he wasn't so sure!


And then it was Daddy's turn!



Goodbye GKTW!
After Mayor Clayton left, of course the kids were completely wound up!  We settled them down and everyone went to bed, we had a 6:30 AM flight home the next day. 

There just aren't big enough words to describe our week at GKTW.  That place is amazing, in every way possible.  We felt loved, and happy, and saw our kids have the best week of their lives.  Never before have they been so doted on or spoiled so rotten!  GKTW gave us memories that will truly last a lifetime.  I hope by reading my entries this week you're able to feel a little of the magic we experienced.  I will proudly and gratefully support Make a Wish and Give Kids the World, they are two organizations that make the world a better place for some really amazing children.  We met children this week who had stories that would make your heart shatter, but all of them had on bright, beautiful, happy smiles in this place.  In this place, doctors and hospitals and therapy and medicine and tubes and IVs and looking different doesn't matter.  Hope exists here, and it filled my soul and renewed my spirit.  We are forever grateful for the incredible gift we've been given.

6 comments:

  1. All your posts made my heart swell with happiness for y'all! I enjoyed reading all your posts and am so glad y'all had such a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts! I'm so glad you all had such a great time!!! I've never really had the desire to take Reagan to Disney World...but you've made me rethink that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tera, I think she would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly sounds like you had a magical time on your MAW trip. I enjoyed reading about each of your fun filled days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got done catching up on all the past few days of your trip. I think it's amazing that they do this for children with a terrible disease. everytime i read about someone's MaW trip, I tear up. it's just the sweetest thing. looks like you all made some wonderful memories! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what in incredible time you all had. Loved reading and seeing all the great pics you took. Im not sure where Jack will want to go on his MAW trip, but I bet Disney World would be right up there! Hugs and always prayers for your sweeet boy-
    Heidi & Jack.

    ReplyDelete