Monday, January 17, 2011

Team Hudson Fundraiser...THANK YOU!

The fundraiser was Friday night, and it was AMAZING!  We had an incredible turnout.  If you haven't seen the update on FaceBook, we raised OVER $22,000!  There just aren't words big enough to express how thankful I am to everyone.  So many people in this close knit community love our Hudson, and the love was definitely felt.  It was wonderful to visit with old friends, make some new friends, and I was so happy to see Hudson's therapists and wonderful pediatrician there.  I am so beyond excited to present that money to the UMDF tomorrow, and I hope that this event brought awareness of what mitochondrial disease is to lots of people.  I was also so happy to see Team Not Without a Trace there, and get to meet sweet little Trace.  He is so precious.  Laurie and I are beyond crazy, and have already begun planning next year's event, where we will combine Team Hudson and Team Not Without a Trace to host one amazing night! 

I can't say how grateful I am to everyone who worked a shift, volunteered, cooked, planned, donated items, helped set up and clean up...the list is endless!  So many amazing people lent a hand and it was directly because of all of you that it was such a success.  There are a few special thank you's I have to say...THANK YOU to Amanda Kohring, Kaysee Schulte, Tanna Mabry, Cindy Schaper, Missie Warmke, Brandi Conway, Tina Newman, LaVerne Krumrey and the Ladies Lions Club, Geneva Martin, Sherryl and Tommy Plagens, Lea Bartay, Heather Dallmeyer...in no particular order of importance!  Thank you for meeting so many late nights to plan this event, there is no way we could have done any of it without ALL of your help!  Thank you also to Philip Haney, for the last minute music, last minute AWESOME auction item, and in general for just being an amazing and wonderful friend, you're our family and we love you!

Here are some pictures before the fundraiser started, I'll update with more pictures when I get them from the photographer.




Thank you everyone...for giving so generously your time, and your money...so that those affected by mito never lose hope.

3 comments:

  1. The fundraiser sounds like it went very well with an amazing amount of funds raised! That's wonderful! Congrats on a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have been part of such a wonderful event & to meet Hudson - what a cutie! I can't express thanks enough to Team Hudson for raising an incredible amount of funds for the UMDF so we may get closer to a cure for mitochondrial disease. Can't wait for next year - It will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fundraiser was incredible! You are so sweet to mention my name. My contribution was so small compared to the others. I already know I will be contributing more next year! I am so proud of all of the hard work you and the rest of the group put into the event. It definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete