It has been brought to my attention that the pictures in the previous post make it appear that Hudson's bed is outside on a porch! Haha! Yes, he may be our little escape artist, but no, we haven't banned him to a screened in porch or anything. We live in a really old house, think 100+ years old, and that's what walls looked like before sheetrock. His room is actually the only room we didn't sheetrock when we remodeled. We just stripped off the cheesecloth wallpaper and sanded and painted. So, if any of y'all were stressing out about Hudson's sleeping arrangements, there you go!
In other news, I have jumped into fundraising for Team Hudson. If you know me, you know that I am 100% perfectionist and an unbelievable control freak. So even when I'm not actively doing something, I'm thinking about what needs to be done. At the moment, I feel completely and utterly overwhelmed. I think fundraising is going to teach me a few important lessons.
Just this past week we've had 3 doctor appointments in Houston, an appointment to get fitted for new SMOs, a Make a Wish meeting, a planning meeting about the walkathon, 7 hours of therapy, 2 visits to the DME, tracking down a new formula prescription from the GI so Hudson can get fed, the daily rituals of meds 3 times a day and feeding bags...and that's just Hudson! Aislin and Jake contributed 2 parent-teacher conferences, 2 school projects, cheer practice, and homework.
I know everyone has busy schedules, and I'm not trying to complain, I'm just tired! I LOVE fundraising. It's so important and it makes me feel like I'm making a difference in a disease that has no cure and no real treatments. A disease that is causing my little boy's body to deteriorate, and there's nothing I can do about it. What I CAN do is raise money to fight this thing though, so I'll do it the best I can!
I feel like most days I can handle anything that comes our way. Fundraising has thrown this whole other level of "to do" into my life, and I feel it's throwing off the very delicate balance of how I hold things together.
So, it's teaching me some lessons, and that's ok. Good even. I don't need to do everything right now. It'll get done...eventually. I don't need to stress about said things getting done, they always do. Most importantly, it is absolutely ok, and probably healthy, to let go of some control to other people. Some very awesome and amazing people have stepped up so willingly to take on important roles in fundraising for Team Hudson. I've truly been humbled by the amount of support and love we've received.
These lessons are good...I'm privileged and blessed to be learning them.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment