Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks


It's so nice to be back online!  For the past week, we have been enjoying a Schaper family tradition, Thanksgiving at the deer lease.  We have the big family Thanksgiving the Saturday before the real thing, and then head to the lease as soon as the kids get out of school.  Being a non-outdoorsy type of girl, this is a tough one for me, but I try!  The kids and Jake LOVE it though.  There's hunting, running around in the dirt, running after Hudson, roasting marshmallows, lots of eating, and can't forget, lots of sneezing.  My allergies go nuts up there.  
Hudson escaping the campsite enclosure

Jake loading some kind of BB gun

Marshmallow roasting

Hudson loved this toy!  It belongs to his cousin Barrett,
and Huddy figured out for the first time that if he pushed the foot pedal,
 it goes all by itself!  Look at that smile, he was one happy boy!

Jakey and Barrett looking like TROUBLE

MawMaw and PawPaw freezing

We had a great time!  It was loud, but fun!  Being with all the family on Thanksgiving gives you a chance to really think about what is important and to give thanks.  I am so thankful for my family.  They drive me batty at times, but I could not live this journey without them.  I am thankful that Hudson is relatively stable right now.  I am thankful for my amazing friends who have been there through thick and thin and always will be.  I am ever so thankful that Hudson has the best team of doctors, therapists, and care professionals that I could ever hope for.  I truly feel God's hand orchestrating every part of my life, and I am thankful that He always knows the plan for our life and is in control, even those times when I can't figure out the bigger picture while stuck in a tiny detail.  There truly is so much to give thanks for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment